Capitalized terms here defined in the Terms of Service, which is hereby incorporated by reference: https://collegeabacus.com/terms
OUR CORE PRINCIPLES
- Your information on the Service belongs to you.
- We will help you to control your information.
- We will tell you what we do with your information.
- We will never spam you or abuse youour information.
First let’s identify the types of information that College Abacus “sees.” Then we will detail how we get it, what we do with it, and how you can control it.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you register with College Abacus, you provide us information to register and set up an account, including email, name, and billing and credit card information if you are buying premium services (“Registration Data”). You agree that we may communicate with you regarding College Abacus and other entities for the purpose of providing you the Services, alerts and newsletters. You may adjust your communication preferences at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the "My Abacus" page.
When you use the College Abacus calculator to generate an estimate, you provide us information that we need in order to generate such estimate, such as your age, areas of interest, and income and other financial information (“Estimate Data”). We use this information to provide you the estimate and for internally improving the Service. If you are a Registered User, we store your Estimate Data with your account. If you are a guest, we store and use your Estimate Data anonymously and in aggregate form only, unless you sign up as a Registered User within the same session, in which case we will associate such Estimate Data with your account.
If you correspond with College Abacus, we may retain the content of your messages, your email address and our responses.
If you invite a friend to try College Abacus through our Service, we will use that friend's email address for the sole purpose of sending your invitation.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICE
- To analyze and improve our Services, diagnose problems, maintain security, etc.
- To remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit, and provide you with personalized content and information.
- For security and monitoring purposes
- To fulfill your specific request
- To share securityuch information with third parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to you
- To share such information with third parties to provide more relevantlevant services and advertisements to users and enable behavioral retargeted advertising.
You can set your web browser to refuse all cookies; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use the Services.
Emails and other electronic communications we send you may contain pixel tags or web beacons that enable us to track your use of such communication.
College Abacus cannot personally identify you with this information alone, but if you do log into your College Abacus account, we may associate this information with your account and personally identify you in order to provide you better service.
AD SERVING TECHNOLOGY
If you wish to "opt out" of certain targeted advertising, please visit http://www.youradchoices.com and/or www.networkadvertising.org. Please note that the links above may not reach all College Abacus’s advertising partners and certain behaviorally targeted advertising may still be displayed to you. If you want to be certain that no behaviorally targeted advertisements are not displayed to you, please do not use or access the Services. Additionally please note that if you “opt out” it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising. It just means that the advertising you see displayed will not be customized to you and your interests and may be less relevant to you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Personally Identifiable Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Disclose your personal Informationon, but without any financial information, to the educational institutions at your request
- If we are required to do so by law or subpoena, (b) to enforce our terms and policies; or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or safety of College Abacus, our users or others
- Store information in physical locationns outside the direct control of College Abacus (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers)
- If College Abacus is acquired as as business or its assets are sold, as is typical when a business is acquired or merged.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SERVERS AND OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
College Abacus employs well-established security measures to safeguard our systems and your information. However, we cannot control all the individuals and activities on the internet and elsewhere, and therefore cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised.
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our web page, as determined by College Abacus in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
U.S. BASED SERVICE
Our center of operation is in the United States. Your data is held in the United States and transactions are processed in US Dollars on servers in the United States. As such, all data is held in accordance with United States laws and procedures which differ from those in other regions of the world, such as the European Union. By using this service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies.
Questions regarding this policy and our practice should be directed to College Abacus by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.